If there’s one thing that every Filipino is known for, it would have to be none other than the fact that they love to eat! The Philippines is one of the countries around the world that’s known for their rich cuisine, especially the kind that can go to any course (such as a Spanish sardine recipe or sardines with tomato sauce) of any meal. Whether it is for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, sardines manufacturers in the Philippines never fail to satisfy their hungry and interested customers everywhere around the country.
Sardines are some of the most common forms of seafood cuisine around the country. It can be prepared in a number of ways, it can be served in several forms, and it can be enjoyed in various styles! Thankfully, for every Filipino out there (and pretty much any sardine-fanatic out there), sardines manufacturers in the Philippines are always ready to deliver utmost satisfaction and enjoyment for their customers. With all that said about sardines, one must wonder: ‘How exactly did this industry get its start?’
If you are looking for answers to this question, then look no further—that’s what you are about to read below.
The Sardine Industry of the Philippines
Before we get to discussing the country’s sardine industry, there’s always the discussion of agriculture, most particularly aquatic agriculture. The Philippines is one of the biggest fishing capitals of the world. Exports from the country such as bangus, tilapia, lapu-lapu, and sardines can be the best examples of the impact of the country’s fishing industry. For sardines, it can definitely make the cut on being one of the most important, available, and affordable pieces of fish there is.
The Philippines, being one of the most recognizable countries in the fishing industry, definitely has its reach widened as the years pass by. In fact, since the era of the Spanish Colonial Period, fish (including sardines) has remained a huge factor in the country’s economy. Many of the country’s well-known cities we all know and love today started out as either simple fishing or trade settlements. During that time, trade would make up most of the country’s livelihood as imports and exports were what determined the economy’s overall condition—and with the sardine industry being in the center of the spotlight, there are more than enough reasons to consider its rise to the top!
As time passed, the manufacturing and distribution processes have undergone improvements and then some. As mentioned before, there are numerous ways to prepare sardines—and when it comes to this particular industry, the most important and integral part to consider is none other than the canning process. Canning is one of the most common ways of preserving and preparing sardines. It’s easy to do, it preserves the taste of the fish, and above all, it ensures the freshness for the fish just in time for customers to take the fish out of the can and enjoy sardines in any way they want. In fact, you may even consider the act of canning food for preparation and preservation as one of the pioneers of the industrial revolution, especially when speaking of the Philippines. Undeniably, without it, preparing food can be an entirely different thing, not to mention the many hassles that can come with it.
In today’s times, more and more Philippine sardine manufacturers have continued to hit their stride in the numerous markets at play. In any case, the industry as a whole has undoubtedly been one of the biggest impacts in today’s society. With numerous recipes in store with sardines, versatility is definitely in store for every customer who absolutely loves sardines!
How Sardine is Manufactured and Distributed
As mentioned before, most sardine manufacturers in the Philippines rely on the canning process to get sardines ready. In this case, canning is definitely one of the most important things to consider when it comes to manufacturing as a whole. It’s a great way to keep the sardines fresh and at the same time ready to eat once taken out of the can. Not many consumers know, however, the sardines they have just taken out of their respective cans have already been cooked before, which mean you can consume it immediately. But don’t let this stop you from heating it once again and preparing it the way you want to eat it; what you’re doing will surely maximize the flavor it offers.
Once canned, the finished products are distributed throughout every outlet in the market. However, one thing to always consider about is the process itself, which thankfully can be best explained in these steps:
- Keeping Sardines Fresh Mega Global, one of the top sardines manufacturer in the Philippines, uses high-tech fish finder to catch healthy sardines from the depths of the sea.They also utilize a one-of-a-kind fish pump in order to transfer the sardines from the ocean into waters with a colder temperature. This ensures that the fish are not just dumped into a container, causing it to be contaminated and be broken into pieces.
- Sorting by Size During this process, the sardines are being unloaded using a vacuum pump. This is also when they are being examined and categorized into their sizes. They also undergo a quality check. Once passed, they are then submerged in ice to make certain that they remain firm and fresh. This process is state-of-the-art and is known for being quick, clean, and careful not to break the fish into pieces.
- De-Scaling After sorting the fish by their individual sizes, the sardines are transferred from the fish bins into a machine that revolves at a rapid pace to de-scale the sardines with precision and efficiency. Once de-scaled, the sardines are brought to another machine, which will be explained in the next step.
- Chop, Chop, Chop The next machine the sardines go through is none other than a chopping machine, which chops off the heads and tails of the sardines. In order for this to be done precisely, the sardines are positioned at a certain angle. That way, the chopping action will surely cut off the fish heads and tails and also ensure moderation in portions in time for the canning process.
- Canning Then comes the canning process, which is the coup de grace of the entire process. When it comes to this, most would assume that the sardines are also packed by machine. While it may seem plausible thanks to the advancements of technology, they are actually packed by hand! By doing so, equal portions of the finished products are assured, as well as decreasing the risk of any foreign material entering the can with the sardines, which in turn can contaminate the product.Another thing that makes this an important step in the process is that each and every can of sardines are actually packed through the bottom of the can, which is then turned over in time for the next phase in the manufacturing process.
- Cooking Cooking the sardines in the can is a great way to ensure that the product is ready to eat, while at the same time making sure that they also stay fresh. In this case, the sardines are cooked in a gigantic oven that heats up to 100 degrees C, getting them ready for the next phase in the process.
- Sorting and Filling As the cans of sardines gradually cool down, they are then filed into a line that leads them to the sorting machine. Depending on the variant of sardine caught and used, as well as depending on the flavor planned for that specific can, each and every can is then led to a series of machines that fills each of them to the brim with different flavors of tomato sauce.
- Sealing and Labelling Once the cans are filled, each and every one of them is then prepared for one of the last steps of the process, which is the sealing and labelling part. Each can of sardines are sealed by heat to ensure that no leaks are apparent, then they are applied a thin layer of glue which makes way for the actual labelling of the can.
- Shipping Once everything is done for the manufacturing part, the cans are then shipped to every outlet around the country—ready for sale. Whether it be in a supermarket, a convenience store, or even a mini stall that helps sell these products, each and every one of them is great for enjoyment.Mega Global uses the proper equipment to ensure that the cans are properly delivered, unlike other sardine manufacturers in the Philippine that might use manpower that could detrimentally affect the product during delivery.
The Manufacturing Processes
All in all, the manufacturing process for sardines can be the best way to ensure that each and every customer around the country can enjoy what Philippine sardine manufacturers can offer. It may seem like a complicated process all throughout, but effective nonetheless. In fact, besides canning, there are numerous other manufacturing processes that can accommodate not just sardines, but other foods as well. Here are some of the best ones:
- Drying Dried sardines are another example of the preservation process that people look for on several occasions. In fact, dried fish is something that’s enjoyed by many people in the country. This is because they are not only ready-to-eat, but they’re also a convenient delight as you can eat them straight from the pack.When it comes to this, there are actually 2 ways to dry sardines. For instance, you can use a dehydrator and dry the sardines for at least several hours. On the other hand, you can also use an oven and dry the sardines there.
- Smoking Smoked sardines are another delicacy enjoyed by many. In fact, based on the entire manufacturing process, this is what cooks the sardines in the can.In this case, simply smoke your sardines in an oven that heats up to at least 60-100 degrees C for a few hours. That way, you get the most out of the flavor you want and at the same time, get them ready for consumption in no time.
- Salting Salting is another common food preservation method, especially for sardines. All you need to do is bathe them in salt for a few hours (or days), dry off the salt, and you’ve got yourself a nice and salty treat.
- Pickling Pickling is also one of the most effective methods in preserving sardines to make sure it remains fresh and enjoyable for eating. In fact, for some, pickled sardines are something they definitely have from time to time.With this, all you’ll need to do is massage the sardines with salt, mix with vinegar, lemon juice, and parsley, and let sit for a few days. You may smell something unpleasant, but then again, the way it tastes is better than the way it smells.
Invest in Sardines? Yes!
When it comes to numerous sardine manufacturers in the Philippines, there are many reasons as to why one should invest in this industry! In fact, investing in sardines can be a good way to really get the most out of your finances. You get to have shared from the sardine industry (most especially in terms of distribution and sales). With your shares in store, you’ll be able to earn a stable income from the investment you made!
Another thing to consider when it comes to this is the fact that the food and drinks industry is one of the biggest ones to stand on its feet to this day! With the numerous brands that serve as Philippine sardine manufacturers, the competition can be definitely be stiff at times. Not only that, there are also numerous variants of the same product that you can benefit from, which can help you benefit from multiple aspects of the Philippine sardine manufacturing industry.
All in all, it’s safe to establish that investing in the sardine industry can be a great way to open a lot of doors to other opportunities. With all that’s in store for you, there is definitely a guarantee that profit and revenue will be right ahead for you!
Why Choose Mega Sardines?
So, there you have it! The evolution of the sardine industry of the Philippines. For many generations, sardines have been, and will always be a staple in Filipino cuisine. Knowing the roots of something can lead to a better understanding of anything—and with the sardine industry being in the center of the spotlight, enjoying this dish will definitely have a whole new meaning.
Of course, when it comes to the sardine industry as a whole, there are definitely numerous brands that deliver the best sardines to every sardine-fanatic in the country—and who would be the best one to trust than Mega Sardines?
When it comes to freshness and quality, the folks at Mega Sardines believe that very value with a full heart! Guaranteed to give you the best sardines in the Philippines, Mega Sardines is definitely the brand to beat!
Interested in any of our products? Feel free to let us know by clicking here!