How to Make Vegetable Japchae
- Make the seasoning for Japchae.
- Stir fry the vegetables until crisp.
- Mix in the blanched noodles after then toss the vegetables in.
- Add the toppings for the recipe like toasted sesame seeds.
1. For the seasoning, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, chili garlic paste, sesame oil, sugar and a tablespoon of water.
2. In a large saute pan, stir-fry all the vegetables including the Mega Prime Whole Mushrooms at the same time over very high heat to maintain their crispness.
3. Toss in the blanched noodles then pour in the sauce mix and stir it well to combine the flavors evenly throughout.
4. Place the Japchae in a serving platter and top it with thinly sliced leeks and toasted sesame seeds before serving.
What are the Nutritional Benefits of a Japchae Recipe?
Known as one of the healthiest Korean dishes, the Japchae recipe is popular among the locals in that country and around the world because of its high nutritional value. Additionally, it is also low in calories because the noodles are purely made out of sweet potato starch which has no fat. All in all, a serving will only have a total of 70 calories.
On the other hand, other variations of yellow noodles can have 221 calories for the same serving that Japchae has. These noodles usually consist of fatty lye and salt then it is fried in oil for preservation purposes which is why Japchae is the healthier alternative. Making Japchae is very nutritious specifically because of the benefits that its vegetable ingredients can give to those who consume it.
Carrots are rich in Vitamin A, K, and B6. As most of the people know, Vitamin A can help strengthen the immune system and promote better eye health. Vitamin K, on the other hand, can help maintain proper blood flow and it is also very useful in strengthening your bones. Lastly, Vitamin B6 helps the body turn food into energy all while being useful in developing a healthy brain. Carrots are a very important ingredient in the recipe which is why you shouldn’t miss out on it.
These colorful and crunchy vegetables are packed with these antioxidants:
- Cartenoids – It can protect you from cancer
- Quercetin – It will make you less prone to heart-related sicknesses
- Luteolin – Not only does it add flavor but it is an effective memory booster because it helps protect the brain against neuron impairments.
It will provide your body with its much-needed protein and fiber. Protein is an important building block that can improve bone health, muscle, skin, and blood, while Fiber can help keep your blood sugar in check. They also provide the body with many important nutrients which includes B vitamins, selenium, copper, potassium, and vitamin D.
This vegetable may look small, but they offer huge benefits such as, fighting fatigue, Improvement of bone and heart health and it provides essential vitamins like Vitamin C.
Reasons why you should prepare Japchae for your family
Japchae is a very popular dish because of its nutritional benefits but there are other reasons why you should serve this for your family. This recipe can be the star of the dinner table if you do it right
- The sauce used in this dish is very flavorful, combining both sweet and salty.
- It is very easy to make; you don’t need to be an expert cook for this recipe.
- It has a lot of interesting textures, thanks to the chewy noodles and crispy vegetables
- Both kids and adults will love it.
- It is very filling and it can be a great source of the essential vitamins.
Japchae noodles is a perfect dish to make especially if you are a kitchen first-timer and don’t have a lot of time to spend. Not only will it fill you up, it will do so with a low calorie count and a high amount of nutrition. Try this for your next family gathering or just for a simple dinner with the whole family!