What are some easy recipes to cook for a Father’s Day feast?
- Fisherman’s Eggs
- Bacon Hearts
- Coffee-rubbed Flank Steak with Spring Vegetables
Father’s Day is right around the corner. Families are eagerly planning their day. Some of them have prepared a day of activities and luxurious outings. But not everybody needs to go out to celebrate Father’s Day. You can commemorate the occasion by simply cooking up your special recipes with Spanish sardines and other delicious ingredients for your dad.
At the end of the day, anything you will do this Father’s Day will make him happy. The simple thought of doing something for them will make them feel special already. Most of the time, your father is the breadwinner of your family; he is the one who works long hours so you and your family could live comfortably.
If you don’t want to go out for whatever reason, then how about preparing your own feast at home? Make your own Father’s Day feast with these easy to cook recipes!
To start off, make fisherman’s eggs for breakfast. This dish makes use of the balance between the tanginess of the sardines and the sweetness of caramelized garlic. When baked with eggs, you’ll get the right amount of flavor that would brighten up your day from the get-go!
- 2 cans of Spanish Sardines
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to season
- 3 eggs
- Chives, chopped
- Preheat your oven to around 200 degrees Celsius.
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Then, sauté the garlic for about one minute or until fragrant.
- Transfer the garlic to an oven-proof serving dish. Add the sardines then season with salt and pepper. Once seasoned to taste, mix with fork to chop into small pieces.
- Crack the eggs over the top of the dish and bake for 8 to 15 minutes, depending on whether you want soft or hard yolks.
- Once done, remove from the oven and serve with chopped chives.
Note: You can try adding other vegetables to sauté along with the garlic. Experiment and discover new flavors!
You can’t go wrong with bacon. It’s something that is loved by almost everybody. It’s also very easy to cook, even kids could do it!
So for lunch, prepare a set of bacon hearts! And for added cutesy effects, try and let the kids do it, but make sure to look after them every step of the way.
- 12 slices of bacon
- 1 can Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 can Green Peas
- Cut the bacon slices in half and then shape them into a heart with some corn and green peas on an oven tray.
- Bake them for 18 to 25 minutes, or until the look overdone.
- Remove from the oven and serve them on a plate!
Coffee-rubbed Steak with Bacon and Spring Vegetables
And finally, to complete the whole day father’s day feast, you’ll be making something that would make many people’s mouths water. You can’t go wrong with steak. To some, it is the best meal that they would ever eat. And even though there are many ways to cook one, the best steak dishes are the ones you perfect at home.
For the Steak, Bacon, and Vegetables:
- ½ kilo flank steak
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. ground coffee
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup of diced shallots
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- 1 can Green Peas
- Scallions, thinly sliced
- Parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
For the mustard vinaigrette:
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. water
- Rub 2 tablespoons of olive oil all over the flank steak.
- In a small bowl, mix together ground coffee, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon cayenne, salt, and pepper. Once mixed, rub the mixture all over the steak.
- Let the steak sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- While letting the steak rest, assemble the mustard vinaigrette by mixing the garlic, Dijon mustard, vinegar, honey, ¼ teaspoon cayenne, 1/3 cup of olive oil, and water in a small bowl. Whisk until combined then add salt and pepper to taste. Set it aside until it’s ready to serve.
- Preheat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped bacon and cook for 5 minutes until crispy. Remove and set aside once done.
- On the same pan with the bacon, add the flank steak. Cook for about 4 minutes on the first side, then flip and continue to cook for another 2-4 minutes. Once done, place the flank steak on a cutting board for slicing.
- Remove all the excess oil from the skillet until there’s about a tablespoon left. Turn it to medium heat and add shallots along with salt and pepper. Cook until softened.
- Add in the green peas with a splash of water and cook until peas are tender. Then add the asparagus stems.
- Once done, remove the skillet from the heat, slice and place the flank steak over the vegetables and drizzle it with the mustard vinaigrette. Lastly, garnish with scallions and fresh parsley before serving.
Celebrate Father’s Day at home by making these recipes! Cooking this dishes will surely make your father (or husband) feel like the most special and luckiest man alive.