- Performing routine laboratory functions to support scientific experiments and investigations
- Setting up, testing, adjusting, calibrating and maintaining laboratory equipment and apparatus such as titrators, pH meters and centrifuges.
- To conduct finished product evaluation through sensory on every product per retort batch, seaming line and period produced before any product is unloaded for labeling and/or released for shipment.
- Recording, analysing and writing reports, reviews and summaries on the findings of experiments and trials
- Staying up to date with relevant scientific developments that can improve the efficiency of lab operations
- Inspection and timely calibration of laboratory instruments, apparatuses and equipment.
- Safe implementation of laboratory Operating Procedure.
- To do sensory evaluation after thermal process and after incubation period of 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month and after 2 months.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Proficiency in calibrating and maintaining technical laboratory equipment
- The ability to learn and follow specific scientific techniques
- Ability to use technical equipment with maximum accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Strong time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite)
- Experience in quality assurance, food safety, food manufacturing, auditing, regulatory or related field
- Practical knowledge of plant manufacturing processes and operations.
- Detail-oriented, as they have to be very accurate and precise in their research
- Observation skills as they have to constantly monitor their experiments for behavior patterns.
- Perseverance so as to not become discouraged through multiple trial and error experiments.