What tuna and sardine recipes can you make using a microwave?
- Scrambled eggs with sardines and garlic bread
- Spicy macaroni and cheese with tuna flakes and mushrooms
- Tomato and garlic instant noodles with sardines
- Canned tuna “poke” bowl with corn
College students often struggle when it comes to making a decent dish. More likely, their dorm rooms do not have the complete materials they need to cook a healthy meal. In most cases, they only have a microwave to use.
Scrambled Eggs with Sardines and Garlic Bread
This dish is perfect for breakfast, especially when you need to make something quick and easy right before you dash to your first class in the morning!
- 1 can Mega Tuna Hot and Spicy
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Dried parsley
- Bread roll slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, place the sardines in a bowl and mash it. Stir it with onion and half of the garlic powder. Next, crack the egg over the sardines and season with salt and pepper.
- Top everything with dried parsley. Leave it to cook in the microwave for 1 minute until it becomes scrambled.
- To make the garlic bread, butter the bread slice and add garlic powder. Toast for 40 seconds.
Spicy Macaroni and Cheese with Tuna Flakes and Mushrooms
Macaroni shells, unlike other dried pasta, are very easy to cook in the microwave. Give this dish a try by following this recipe:
- ½ cup Mega Tuna Hot and Spicy
- ½ cup Mega Prime Whole Mushrooms
- 1 ½ cup macaroni shells
- 1 cup grated cheese of your choice
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- Fill a large sized-bowl with water and place the macaroni. Let the macaroni cook for 8 minutes and check when the bowl has run out of water. The best time to check is every 2 minutes. Add water when it has run out until it fully cooks.
- Next, add the milk, cheese, and the mashed tuna to the macaroni and stir.
- Lastly, let the macaroni cook until the cheese has melted.
Tomato and Garlic Instant Noodles with Sardines
Need some instant dish to get you through your hunger pains? Then, this dish is for you. Here are the ingredients you need and the directions you need to follow:
- 155 grams Mega Sardines in Tomato Sauce
- 1 instant noodle block without the packet
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place your ramen and water in a deep and large sized bowl. Let the ramen cook for 3 minutes. Check it every minute as it cooks. Stir the noodles after checking it each interval until 3 minutes is up. Drain the noodles and put it a plate.
- In the same bowl, put the butter and garlic. Let it melt for 30 seconds, remove from the microwave and add the sardines with the tomato sauce. Put it back in the microwave and allow it to cook for 30 seconds more.
Canned Tuna “Poke” Bowl with Corn
- 1 cup Mega Tuna Flakes in Oil
- 1 cup Mega Prime Kernel Corn
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 cup leftover rice
- Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- Sugar to pinch
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Calamansi juice
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- To make the sauce for the tuna, mix the soy sauce, ginger, calamansi juice, sesame oil, sesame seeds, sugar, hot sauce, and pepper.
- Add the tuna flakes into the sauce and start mixing.
- Cook the tuna mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Lastly, place the rice in a bowl and top it with the tuna mixture, corn, and sliced carrots.
For some college students, the microwave is the only thing they can use to prepare and cook their food. If you are one of them, know that you don’t have to suffer unhealthy and tasteless dishes. You can try out some of these canned tuna and Spanish sardine recipes instead!