What are some sardine dishes that will bring you the heat?
- Extra hot sardines with patola and miswa
- Extra hot sardine fritters
- Extra hot ginisang sardinas
- Pizza with extra hot sardines
The rainy season has officially started! Hurray for those who are tired of the heat. It could be pretty cold for the next few months and now, instead of the coolness of an air conditioner, people will be looking for warmth.
People can simply go home and stay in their beds under the comfort of a blanket, a comforter, and their pajamas, eating rice with some Spanish sardine recipes the whole day or you can also opt for some spicy food to really bring you some heat.
Luckily for you, you won’t need to go out to get a chance to eat some spicy food because you can easily get it with the help of spicy sardine recipes!
Extra Hot Sardines with Patola and Miswa
This recipe puts a hot twist on the sardines and miswa dish Filipinos love to have on their tables—whether it is lunch or dinner. Learn how to cook this for your friends and family, just follow these instructions:
- 1-2 cans Extra Hot Sardines
- 1 Patola, peeled and sliced
- 3 ounces of miswa
- 6 pieces siling labuyo
- 4 cups water
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Fish sauce and black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. Cooking oil
- In a pot, heat the cooking oil.
- Saute your onion until it’s soft.
- Pour your sardines into the pot, including the tomato sauce. Add the garlic powder and the chili peppers. Let them cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the water in and allow it to boil.
- Add your patola and miswa. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Season it with fish sauce and black pepper.
- Transfer into small bowls.
- Serve to your family.
Extra Hot Sardine Fritters
Another Filipino dish you can twist with Extra Hot Sardines, these sardine fritters will blow your minds!
- 1 can Extra Hot Sardines
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- Open the can of Extra Hot Sardines and drain the sauce.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the sardines by using a fork.
- Add in pepper, salt, flour, and eggs. Mix them thoroughly together.
- Get a frying pan and heat your oil. Start frying your fritters by dropping a spoonful of the sardine mixture into the pan. Cook each side until golden brown.
- Get a plate and place a paper towel on top. Place the fritters on the plate to remove any excess oil.
Extra Hot Ginisang Sardinas
Want to add some flavor into the ordinary Ginisang Sardinas? Here’s a fun way you can do so:
- 2 cans Extra Hot Sardines
- 1 red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. Calamansi juice
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Saute the onion and garlic.
- Once the onion turns soft, add your tomato and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the sardines and the sauce. Stir the mixture and let boil.
- Continue cooking for about 5 minutes over medium heat. If needed, you can add water.
- For tastes, add-in the fish sauce, black pepper, and lemon juice. Stir then cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a medium-sized bowl. Garnish the dish with some parsley.
- Serve and enjoy with rice!
Pizza with Extra Hot Sardines
Who can resist a good pizza, especially when paired with your favorite extra hot sardines?
This mouthwatering dish can be done in your home. Here’s how:
- Pizza doughs
- 5 cans of Extra Hot Sardines
- Tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 4 onions
- 2 green peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- Diced tomatoes (put as many as you like)
- 150 grams grated cheese
- Preheat your oven to 220 C.
- Open all 5 cans of your Extra Hot Sardines and start removing their bones. Start peeling the onions and slice them into small pieces. Rinse your green and peppers and cut them into small pieces as well.
- Get your garlic and then peel and chop them finely.
- Prepare your pizza doughs and top them with tomato sauce with salt and pepper. Place the grated cheese atop the tomato sauce. Then, add the tomatoes, garlic, sardines, chilies, and onion atop. Sprinkle with more cheese afterward.
- Bake for about 20 minutes in the oven.
As you can see, even the most regular dishes can be made extraordinary with Extra Hot Sardines. Why don’t you try the ones listed above and spice up your table—whether you are eating your lunch or dinner!
With these meals, you can surely beat the cold that the rainy season brings; and if they do not suit your taste, then you can try some Spanish sardine recipes instead!